Billy and I decided to go with time outs rather than spanking. We chose this method not because we are against spanking and think it is abusive. We just wanted to give it a go. We both remember being kids, and at least for me, spankings were not as devastating as having something taken away or being grounded. A spanking hurt for a second, and then, we moved on. Plus, I think spanking is a confusing message. (A kid hits you, so you hit/spank them to teach them not to hit?!?!) Anyway, off my soapbox for now. So far, it seems to be working. We haven't had to spank Katelyn. I always find other ways to correct her, and I think she's a pretty good kid. Anyway... just a little background for these pictures. I thought this was funny. Katelyn put Derf, our Elf on the Shelf, in time out.
I'm not sure what Deft did, but I'm sure he won't do it again. LOL. It's good to know that she won't be hitting/spanking her stuffed animals.
0 comments:
Post a Comment