I think when most people become parents, they tend to find new and different ways to save. I have been doing a lot of just that. I've been researching and trying my hand at strategic shopping. The idea is to only buy stuff that is on sale and use a coupon with it. Sometimes you can get stuff for FREE! It's actually kinda fun trying to see how cheap you can get things for. It also keeps from getting in a rut and having the same thing every week. Since you are planning your menu around the sale item, that creates variety that I sometimes lack otherwise. I'm not that great at it right now, but I'm averaging a 30% savings off my total grocery bill. I've seen some people save like 60% or more. Thankfully there are a lot of websites out there that pretty much do all of the research for you. I've had the most luck with southernsavers.com. There are others, though, like couponmom.com and afullcup.com. I have also been buying Katelyn's "new" clothes and stuff at either consignment shops or garage sales. Who needs to spend $20+ on an outfit that you will only wear for like 2 or 3 months? Anyway, I'm enjoying our new family date tradition to go garage sale shopping on the first Saturdays.
So, in other news, I have been missing a lot of time lately. Not sure where it goes. I just can't find enough time in the day to get stuff done. I figured the only logical answer is that I'm being abducted by aliens. That's the only way to explain all of this time that I am missing. :P Seriously, though, I have got to figure out this whole time management thing. My house is a wreck! I haven't even printed birth announcements. Is it too late to do that? I'm soo sad that I didn't get them out. I may just send them anyway and have people wonder why the heck they are just now getting them.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Shopping Newb and Alien Abductions
Posted by Karen Atkins at Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
i didn't send birth announcements with any of my kids. i mean, everyone already knows you had her right? just find her some cute halloween pj's or a halloween shirt. take a pic of her in it the first part of october and send out a halloween card instead.
i'm home all day and i don't know where all my time goes either. if this computer could be abducted during nap time i might be able to get more done.
Post a Comment