It turns out I have a sinus infection and the doctor did give me 2 perscritions. I was a little skeptical of his choice of drugs. The antibiotic is a category B drug and is ok to take while pregnant. The decongestant worried me though. He says most decongestants and antihistimines are category C, but they are fine to take while pregnant. Category C basically means they don't know what affect it will have on the baby. I decided to get a second opinion from my pharmacist. He also told me they were both fine. I still didn't feel comfortable with that answer and some websites say it could be harmful to unborn babies. I decided I needed a third opinion and called my OB's office. My OB's nurse confirmed that the antibiotic was ok, but she said to take the decongestant only if I was absolutely miserable and to only take it sparingly, so I decided to stay away from that one. The doctor and the pharmacist may be right, but I don't want to chance it. Hopefully, the antibiotic alone will help this clear up.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Sinus Infection
Posted by Karen Atkins at Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment